According to a recent study published in the Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, physical therapy before a joint replacement surgery can reduce the post-surgery rehabilitation process by up to 30%. With Pre-Surgical Rehabilitation your recovery from surgery can begin before the surgery takes place. There are many benefits to PreHab:
- Reducing pain and inflammation around the joint
- Restoring joint motion
- Improving muscular control and strength around the joint
- Improving overall well-being and fitness
- Gaining a better understanding of the surgical process
- Performing the exercises that you will continue after the surgery
Your physical therapist will educate you about the surgery, including many nuances of post-surgical care while helping you become familiar with the rehab process after surgery. You will be well prepared to move quickly through the rehab process.
Physical therapy plays a vital role in getting you back on your feet and into the activities that you love. Having physical therapy helps you heal faster, greatly improves your odds of long-term success, and lessens the complications and setbacks that can occur after surgery. Physical therapy starts just after surgery while the patient is still in the hospital and continues until the patient is ready to return to full activities. It is divided into 4 distinct phases:
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Improving mobility, flexibility and strength
- Return to normal function and activities
- Transition to independence and prevention of injury
Your physical therapist will guide you every step of the way and prepare you for the activities that you love.
WHAT DOES SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT FOR SURGICAL REHAB LOOK LIKE AT BARRINGTON PT?
The driver of the successful plan of care begins with proper diagnosis of the injury. At Barrington Physical Therapy we provide hands-on care using a variety of hands-on techniques to help the shoulder feel better, move better, and get you back to your activities that you have been missing.
If you have questions or would like to schedule your physical therapy appointment call or text us at (603) 617-4420.
We are happy to help in your recovery.